Breaking News (Alex Trebek’s Surgery)

Feature

Get better soon, Alex!

As revealed a few minutes ago on #JeopardyLivePanel, Alex Trebek recently had knee surgery. He originally felt he was able to return to taping within a week, but was unable to. Thus, Claudia Corriere – the returning champion from December 18 – was unable to make it to taping for the December 21 episode. Her run as champion will continue in the future.

This is not an unprecedented occurrence in the history of the show: Priscilla Ball, after winning her first game in 2009, fell ill and was unable to continue her run. She returned a few months later and won a second game.

At The Jeopardy Fan, I want to wish Alex Trebek the best and I hope he is able to return to 100% as quickly as possible.

And, on Monday, you’ll see three new contestants! Good luck to all three!

Also, as you’ve probably noticed, Alex Trebek will be using a cane and will stay at his lectern as much as possible.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

28 Comments on "Breaking News (Alex Trebek’s Surgery)"

1. Cara Lee DaBoll | December 21, 2015 at 8:13 pm | Reply

This 93 year Old has enjoyed for years your well presented and
    informative show. May your hip surgery go well and you have
    a speedy recovery because I want to continue to tune you in
    for some years to come. Thanks for a job well done. Cara Lee DaBoll , Miami, Florida

2. Had the same surgery a year ago heal fast

3. Hope you get well soon, Alex! We watch you nightly and don’t want to miss a single show. You’re the highlight of our nightly TV watching…don’t like it when you’re not there.
    Keep that smile and sense of humor, your fans are wishing you the absolute best! Take care, Alex!

4. I have had both knees replaced keep up with your physio and you will soon be wondering why you waited so long.
    Hope for a speedy recovery!

5. Alex should have blamed the knee on a old Hockey injury when he played for the Sudbury Nickles Midget Hockey team in 1954

6. My mom needs to know more details than this!

Why would Alex having knee trouble prevent the champion from appearing on Mondays show?

(we missed the first minute for a possible explanation)..do they have a few episodes ready in case there’s an emergency?

7. I had knee replacement surgery in March,,, 20 days in a rehab facility – painful but well worth it… good as new today… swim 45 minutes daily which helps… Good luck to Alex….. I watch him every night.

8. Hi Alex

Well the Cember must be Nice surgery month because I had mine, that is my left knee this past December 1, and one year prior, December 1, 2014, I had my right knee replaced..
    My recovery and rehab is actually going better this time around perhaps because unlike last year I’m working with a good knee.

I hope your recovery is going very well. As for me I hope it’ll bring about a better quality of life that is what I’ve been having.
    I’m not going to go into the details of that, but suffice to say one way that this can turn around and become a better year would be for me to be a contestant on your show (I could share a little bit about my knee experiences with you)
    But while I’m sure I may not go above and beyond where Ken Jennings left off, as long as I don’t choke, I would enjoy being on your show and hopefully winning some money– perhaps that will also help save my house from foreclosure that I am living in along with my Mom.
    Besides your show I thought you had a fantastic interview with Howard Stern earlier this year.

Wishing you an awesome recovery and a very happy and healthy holiday season and new year.

Larry
    [email protected]

9. Maryalyce Phillips | December 24, 2015 at 7:06 pm | Reply

Hi Alex, I had left knee surgery in March 2015,and in November 2015, I had right knee surgery so I do feel your pain. Please do your therapy, that is the key to a speedy recovery. I am doing very well and I wish the same for you. I have been watching Jeopardy every since you started an I love it.

• Hi Alex, I wish you all the best, keep up the therapy, the best thing I ever did was have my knee replacement. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year

10. I see Alex is walking! Great, he is healing!

11. Joyce Elizabeth Blackerby | December 26, 2015 at 1:04 pm | Reply

Hello Alex,
    As you must know, I very rarely miss Jeopardy and as far as I am concerned your show is #1. Sometimes am able to answer a few of the questions correctly. There are so many attributes to watching this game show. However, if I learn enough, perhaps I can become a contestant… will look into doing the online testing, as you are choosing people as we speak. (I rarely watch Wheel of Fortune). Sorry to hear of your recent surgery and wish you a speedy recovery. Hope it was not a replacement! As game show host, you are the best! So happy to hear your mother is so young… ha-ha. Hope she is doing well. We need more educated people such as yourself! Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year (2016).

Best

12. My husband is 6 years older than you. I’m 56 [Yes, he robbed the cradle! :-)]. Anyway, after his knee repacement surgery, he did really well. Within four days, he was walking steps; after four weeks, he was back on the golf course. Physical therapy is KEY! Determination helps a lot as well. We wish you a speedy recovery! Good luck!

13. i wish nothing but the best for you, and may god bless you.

14. Hi Alex. I had both replaced at one time. Be sure and do your therapy. Jw

15. Hi Alex,
    I wish you a speedy recovery. I had a knee replacement 11 months ago. Great results. Physical therapy and exercises will make your knee normal again.
    Love your show!

16. Doris and Bob Ruvelson | December 29, 2015 at 10:47 pm | Reply

Dear Alex:

I, too, had knee surgery, as did my husband, and we’re both doing well. We wish you as speedy a recovery as we had!

We watch Jeopardy every night and record it when we’re out. Wouldn’t miss an episode.

All the best.

17. Patricia Oliver | December 30, 2015 at 8:04 pm | Reply

Alex you should have went to Duke Hospital in NC and let Dr. David E. Attarian replace
    your knee. I was out of the bed 3 hours after
    surgery ,walking the hospital halls in 3 days.
    I went to a nursing/rehabilitation center.
    20 days later I went where I wanted to ,
    driving myself, no pain after 3 days.
    I love my knees , 68 years young and doing
    everything I did when I was young.
    Hope you the best!
    PATRICIA

18. Had both done 2015 best decision ever. God bless you! Good to see to up and about! Lisa A.

19. Hi Alex, You look great …keep it up! It’ll be my turn this year. We love you show! N/ T

20. My husband and I enjoy jeopardy very much…we have watched it for many many years! We are glad that you seem to have done very well with the surgery, and you are walking extremely well. Thankyou for being the ‘host’ that you are….such a stellar job you do…kudos and blessings your way…..from a Canadian couple who will probably watch you until the ‘final jeopardy’!!!!!