Here’s today’s Final Jeopardy (in the category World Landmarks) for Thursday, September 26, 2019 (Season 36, Episode 14):
“The Eighth Wonder”, by composer Alan John & librettist Dennis Watkins, is about this building that opened in 1973
(correct response beneath the contestants)
|Gabe Brison-Trezise, a researcher from Washington, D.C.
|Christine Ryan, an associate producer from Washington, D.C.
|Jason Zuffranieri, a math teacher from Albuquerque, New Mexico (19-day total: $532,496)
Are you going on the show and looking for information about how to bet in Final Jeopardy? Check out my new Betting Strategy 101 page!
(Content continues below)
Correct response: What is the Sydney Opera House?
More information about Final Jeopardy:
“The Eighth Wonder” is a 1995 opera about the building of the famous Sydney Opera House. Jørn Utzon won the architectural design contest in 1957 and it took nearly 16 years for it to be built. Many of the potential structural issues with the original design were solved by Utzon on the fly as the project entered the 1960s; however, a change in provincial New South Wales government, and subsequent issues over fees and Utzon’s involvement, led to Utzon’s resignation from the project in 1966. Utzon never returned to Australia.
The opera itself debuted at the Sydney Opera House.
Since Alex Trebek’s diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, many community members have been raising money. The Jeopardy! Fan Online Store is as well! All proceeds from any “Keep The Faith And We’ll Win” shirt sold will be donated to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. To date, over $370 has been raised.)
Looking to find out who won Jeopardy! today? Tonight’s results are below!
Scores going into Final:
Christine $9,000 – $8,900 = $100 (What is the Sears Tower)
Gabe $11,200 + $11,200 = $22,400 (1-day total: $22,400)
Jason $21,000 – $1,500 = $19,500 (What is the Prado?)
Scores after the Jeopardy! Round:
Opening break taken after: clues
Daily Double locations:
1) STATE OF THE STATE FOREST $800 (9th pick)
Gabe 1600 +1600 (Jason 4200 Christine 1000)
2) ANIMAL ANATOMY $1200 (9th pick)
Christine 5800 -2000 (Jason 13000 Gabe 6400)
3) FINNISH LINES $1600 (14th pick)
Gabe 5200 +4000 (Jason 13000 Christine 4200)
Overall Daily Double Efficiency for this game: 142
J! round: FINISH LINES $200
DJ! Round: None!
Total $ Left On Board: $200
Number of clues left unrevealed this season: 38 (2.71 per episode average)
Gabe $8,000 Coryat, 15 correct, 3 incorrect, 28.57% in first on buzzer, 0/0 on rebound attempts (on 3 rebound opportunities)
Jason $21,000 Coryat, 25 correct, 0 incorrect, 39.29% in first on buzzer, 3/3 on rebound attempts (on 6 rebound opportunities)
Christine $11,000 Coryat, 16 corect, 4 incorrect, 30.36% in first on buzzer, 2/2 on rebound attempts (on 3 rebound opportunities)
Combined Coryat Score: $40,000
Lach Trash: $3,600 (on 2 Triple Stumpers)
Coryat lost to incorrect responses (less double-correct responses): $10,200
Jason Zuffranieri, final stats:
576 correct, 43 incorrect
36/39 on rebound attempts (on 74 rebound opportunities)
47.52% in first on buzzer (518/1090)
34/42 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $101,305)
11/20 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $24,410
Gabe Brison-Trezise, stats to date:
16 correct, 3 incorrect
0/0 on rebound attempts (on 3 rebound opportunities)
28.57% in first on buzzer (16/56)
2/2 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $5,600)
1/1 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $8,000
Gabe Brison-Trezise, to win:
2 games: 36.835%
Avg. streak: 1.583 games.
- While today’s show was pre-empted on WAKA Montgomery, KLTV Tyler, WBBJ Jackson, and WTOK Meridian, it did air on KTRK Houston at 11:30 AM CT.
- The show’s contestant co-ordinators have a maxim: “Champions lose on Thursday”, and that held true today. It’s because it’s the first game back after lunch, and there’s a chance for the champion to lose their mojo over the lunch break. With the buzzer stats being only 22-17-16, it seemed as though Jason didn’t have the same mojo that he went into lunch with.
- While Alex said that Jason will be returning for a Tournament of Champions, note that he did not specify which one. Remember that Jeopardy! finalized its field for the 28th Tournament of Champions (to be aired in November) on July 10; Jason is currently qualified for the 29th Tournament of Champions (scheduling as yet unknown).
- When Jason does compete in his Tournament of Champions, he will be 8 correct responses behind Julia Collins for 4th all-time.
Contestant photo credit: jeopardy.com
When commenting, please note that all comments on The Jeopardy! Fan must be in compliance with the Site Comment Policy.
If you are going to quote any statistics from this page or this website, attribution is required.