Here’s today’s Final Jeopardy (in the category African Geography) for Thursday, February 21, 2019 (Season 35, Episode 119):
The 7-letter names of these western- & easternmost mainland countries begin with the same letter
(correct response beneath the contestants)
|Team Brad, consisting of consisting of Brad Rutter (C), Larissa Kelly (L), and David Madden (R) (Yesterday’s total: $8,400)
|Team Colby, consisting of Colby Burnett (C), Pam Mueller (L), and Alan Lin (R) (Yesterday’s total: $3,200)
|Team Buzzy, consisting of Buzzy Cohen (C), Alex Jacob (L), and Jennifer Giles (R) (Yesterday’s total: $6,600)
As was alluded to yesterday, Buzzy Cohen, Alan Lin, and Larissa Kelly will be playing Double Jeopardy!, and Jennifer Giles, Pam Mueller, and David Madden will be playing Final Jeopardy in this match. Today’s final score will be added to tomorrow’s final score to determine this match’s winner, who will go straight to the final on March 4 & 5. Three wild cards will then play in a wild card match on February 28 & March 1.
Are you going on the show and looking for information about how to bet in Final Jeopardy? Check out my new Betting Strategy 101 page!
(Content continues below)
Correct response: What are Senegal and Somalia?
More information about Final Jeopardy:
Mainland Africa’s westernmost point is Pointe des Almadies in Cap Vert Peninsula, Senegal.
Mainland Africa’s easternmost point is Ras Hafun in Somalia.
In case this ever comes up:
Cape Agulhas in South Africa (also the point which marks the divider between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans) is the southernmost point in Africa.
Ras Ben Sakka in Tunisia is the northernmost point on mainland Africa.
There’s always something new coming into The Jeopardy! Fan Online Store, including something perfect for Boston baseball fans! Here are our top-selling items!
Looking to find out who won Jeopardy! today? Tonight’s results are below!
Scores going into Final:
Team Brad (Larissa) $29,800
Team Buzzy (Buzzy) $26,200
Team Colby (Alan) $6,400
Team Colby (Pam) $6,400 – $6,400 = $0 (What are Morocco & Mozambique?)
Team Buzzy (Jennifer) $26,200 – $0 = $26,200 (What is I love you, grandma)
Team Brad (David) $29,800 + $20,000 = $49,800
Fantasy point accumulation (Unofficial):
Larissa Kelly 14
Brad Rutter 13
Buzzy Cohen 10
David Madden 10
Alex Jacob 9
Colby Burnett 6
Alan Lin 4
Pam Mueller 0
Jennifer Giles 0
(As per the Official Rules of the contest: A correct response in Single or Double Jeopardy is worth 1 entry into the Lindblad sweepstakes. A correct response in Final Jeopardy is worth 10 entries into the Lindblad sweepstakes.)
Scores after the Jeopardy! Round (Yesterday):
Team Brad (Brad) $8,400
Team Buzzy (Alex) $6,600
Team Colby (Colby) $3,200
Break taken after: 15 clues
Daily Double locations:
1 (played yesterday)) NOTORIOUS $400 (19th pick)
Brad 3200 +3200 (Alex 6200 Colby 2400)
2) PHYSICS $1600 (8th pick)
Larissa 14400 +5000 (Buzzy 6600 Alan 5200)
3) POLITICIANS $1600 (15th pick)
Buzzy 12600 +10000 (Larissa 23000 Alan 5200)
Overall Daily Double Efficiency for this game: 214
Larissa $18,000 Coryat, 14 correct, 0 incorrect, 46.43% in first on buzzer
Buzzy $11,200 Coryat, 10 correct, 0 incorrect, 32.14% in first on buzzer
Alan $3,200 Coryat, 4 correct, 0 incorrect, 14.29% in first on buzzer
Larissa Kelly, stats to date:
306 correct, 25 incorrect
15/17 on rebound attempts
39.75% in first on buzzer (283/712)
15/19 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $40,400)
10/12 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $19,539
Buzzy Cohen, stats to date:
289 correct, 48 incorrect
15/17 on rebound attempts
35.03% in first on buzzer (282/805)
17/23 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $45,400)
8/14 in Final Jeopardy!
Average Coryat: $14,000
Alan Lin, stats to date:
229 correct, 25 incorrect
10/10 on rebound attempts
33.90% in first on buzzer (218/643)
10/15 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $8,805)
7/11 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $14,950
David Madden, stats to date:
523 correct, 51 incorrect
33/39 on rebound attempts
37.64% in first on buzzer (466/1238)
44/46 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $76,805)
16/23 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $18,664
Jennifer Giles, stats to date:
96 correct, 16 incorrect
3/5 on rebound attempts
34.04% in first on buzzer (97/285)
2/4 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $1,000)
3/6 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $14,600
Pam Mueller, stats to date:
256 correct, 36 incorrect
12/17 on rebound attempts
30.99% in first on buzzer (247/797)
10/13 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $22,000)
6/15 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $13,929
- Holy mother forking shirt balls. Team Brad is in the good place right now after that episode.
- Team Brad’s effective lead over Team Buzzy is $11,800; their effective lead over Team Colby is $24,900.
- The prediction model said Larissa was going to be a force, and it was not wrong. What a huge performance.
- Buzzy was very game and made a very strong Daily Double bet. I thought it amusing that Buzzy regretted not going all in, but that bet put Team Buzzy in a really strong position tomorrow.
- The HERSHEY FELDER PRESENTS GREAT COMPOSERS category was a really good idea for a game such as this one, as it could be a longer clue without us having to worry about whether it would take away from round timing from any of the other clues (essentially lengthening gameplay to make it seem like the home viewer is getting more Jeopardy!)
- With regards to Final, David had a wheelhouse category and took full advantage, putting Team Brad into the driver’s seat tomorrow, but with Alex Jacob likely to play Double Jeopardy tomorrow for Team Buzzy, they are by no means out of the water at this point.
- The fact that Team Buzzy has such a commanding lead over Team Colby at this point means that Team Buzzy should be able to take some chances when it comes to Daily Doubles tomorrow.
- The situation looks quite bleak for Team Colby right now, and even bleaker considering that whoever plays Double Jeopardy! tomorrow (whether it is Colby or Pam) will likely have to go up against Alex and Brad. They need at least $13,100 going into Final to even have a possible faint hope of passing Team Buzzy for second.
- From what I’ve been told since watching: Jennifer did know Final Jeopardy, but because of the $0 wager, she decided to have some fun and go for the shoutout instead.
- Effective in first on buzzer stats: Larissa 50.00% (13/26), Buzzy 34.62% (9/26), Alan 15.38% (4/26)
Contestant photo credit: jeopardy.com
When commenting, please note that all comments on The Jeopardy! Fan must be in compliance with the Site Comment Policy.
If you are going to quote any statistics from this page or this website, attribution is required.