Here’s today’s Final Jeopardy (in the category International Borders) for Wednesday, February 6, 2019 (Season 35, Episode 108):
Germany has land borders with 9 countries & only maritime borders with 2 countries, the U.K. & this one across the Baltic
(correct response beneath the contestants)
|Bif Reiser, a mathematician from Portland, Oregon
|Bryan Coyle, a high school English teacher from Minneapolis, Minnesota
|Will Dawson, a tour guide from Washington, D.C. (3-day total: $70,601)
With his win yesterday, Will finds his way onto page 2 of our ToC Tracker! See where others stand on the tracker here!
Are you going on the show and looking for information about how to bet in Final Jeopardy? Check out my new Betting Strategy 101 page!
(Content continues below)
Correct response: What is Sweden?
More information about Final Jeopardy:
Germany’s land borders are with Denmark, Poland, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. The U.K. maritime border is west of the northern tip of the country, and just across the Baltic would be Sweden.
There’s always something new coming into The Jeopardy! Fan Online Store, including something perfect for Boston baseball fans! Here are our top-selling items!
Looking to find out who won Jeopardy! today? Tonight’s results are below!
Scores going into Final:
Will $13,200 – $13,200 = $0 (What is Poland)
Bryan $14,000 – $13,500 = $500 (What is Estonia?)
Bif $20,200 + $7,801 = $28,001 (1-day total: $28,001)
Scores after the Jeopardy! Round:
Opening break taken after: 15 clues
Daily Double locations:
1) MEASURE FOR MEASURE $400 (10th pick)
Bif 800 +1000 (Will 3000 Bryan 600)
2) GOOD FELLOWS $800 (2nd pick)
Bryan 3800 -3000 (Bif 7800 Will 6000)
3) “SOCK” IT TO ME $800 (23rd pick)
Bryan 6400 +6000 (Bif 17800 Will 14800)
Overall Daily Double Efficiency for this game: 115
J! round: None!
DJ! Round: None!
Total $ Left On Board: $0
Bif $19,600 Coryat, 19 correct, 0 incorrect, 31.58% in first on buzzer
Bryan $11,800 Coryat, 17 correct, 1 incorrect, 26.32% in first on buzzer, 1/1 on rebound attempts
Will $13,200 Coryat, 19 correct, 2 incorrect, 36.84% in first on buzzer
Combined Coryat Score: $44,600
Lach Trash: $5,400 (on 4 Triple Stumpers)
Coryat lost to incorrect responses (less double-correct responses): $4,000
Will Dawson, final stats:
92 correct, 15 incorrect
5/6 on rebound attempts
40.71% in first on buzzer (92/226)
5/5 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $7,200)
2/4 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $17,800
Bif Reiser, stats to date:
20 correct, 0 incorrect
0/0 on rebound attempts
31.58% in first on buzzer (18/57)
1/1 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $1,000)
1/1 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $19,600
Bif Reiser, to win:
2 games: 64.03%
Avg. streak: 2.780 games.
Tournament of Champions projections:
With a projected 132 regular-play games to go prior to the Tournament of Champions cutoff, after 500,000 simulations, our model shows:
An average of 3.8331 5+-time champions (standard deviation 1.6327).
An average of 6.8843 4+-time champions (standard deviation 2.0114).
An early cutoff took place 5.618% of the time (or a 5-game winner will be left out).
Bif Reiser qualified 18.778% of the time.
Anneke Garcia qualified 81.773% of the time.
Dave Leffler qualified 63.044% of the time.
Jonathan Dinerstein qualified 36.721% of the time.
Alex Schmidt qualified 13.508% of the time.
John Presloid qualified 3.566% of the time.
Jackie Fuchs qualified 0.442% of the time.
- Will should have bet no more than $800 in Final Jeopardy; Bryan’s bet was fine, as he was in Stratton’s Dilemma.
- Those who caught the “We’ll be back with Final Jeopardy right after this” got to see producer Maggie Speak having quite a bit of a moment there, with all of the gesticulating she was doing!
- This will be the 56th consecutive tape day where all 5 games taped that day have not been won by a single player. A record in this statistic is impossible to properly calculate, as some seasons have had unusual patterns (thanks to Celebrity games, usually.)
- Bryan came so close on the 2nd Daily Double, saying Snickers instead of Checkers. Sometimes the neurons don’t quite fire all the way.
- It was nice to see him not be “once bitten, twice shy” on the 3rd one, though.
- Effective in first on buzzer stats: Bif 33.33% (18/54), Bryan 27.78% (15/54), Will 38.89% (21/54).
Contestant photo credit: jeopardy.com
When commenting, please note that all comments on The Jeopardy! Fan must be in compliance with the Site Comment Policy.
If you are going to quote any statistics from this page or this website, attribution is required.