Alex Trebek Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer

Alex Trebek speaks to Jeopardy! fans on March 6, 2019.

Alex Trebek, in a recorded message to Jeopardy! fans, has revealed that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Here’s a video of Alex talking to fans:

According to TMZ, Alex has vowed to complete taping of Season 35. Taping is set to conclude for the season on April 9, with eight more taping days scheduled between today (March 6) and the end of the season.

The Jeopardy! Fan wishes all the best to the entire Jeopardy! family and sincerely hopes that Alex Trebek is able to beat this.

20 Comments on "Alex Trebek Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer"

1. C. Savery | March 6, 2019 at 5:47 pm |

Alex Trebek is a national hero for literacy and excellent television. Stay strong Alex.

2. Joan Breault | March 6, 2019 at 5:56 pm |

I love Alex Trebek, his honesty and integrity are unmatched. I will be praying for him daily until he announces that he is free from cancer, God willing.

3. Ann Thomas | March 6, 2019 at 6:31 pm |

Surely your Faith and positive attitude and prayers from the many fans will help youwin

4. Matthew Norquist | March 6, 2019 at 7:15 pm |

While emotionally, I’m heartbroken over this announcement, I’m encouraged and bolstered by Mr. Trebek’s strength and determination. Alex Trebek is a worldwide treasure. I’m sure he wouldn’t want the word “phenom” to be used, but I can’t come up with anything better. Thanks for your example, Alex—not only of how to stand up against the odds, but also for your example that education is not only important, it can be immensely fun!

5. Nancy Sapsara | March 6, 2019 at 7:59 pm |

Alex Trebek is such a fighter and a class act. I will pray for you to overcome this cancer. Please be strong!!

6. Jonathan Graham | March 6, 2019 at 8:30 pm |

Both of my grandfathers died before I was born, and he is the closest thing I’ve had to one. No matter how bad I’ve ever been feeling, he was always on my tv screen at 7:30 six days a week, counting the Saturday rerun. When I had serious brain damage, his show helped me immensely with my recovery. I’m not ready to see him go, and I hope he’s able to fight the odds and keep on living.

7. Get lots of sun Alex, it really helps cure most ailments. If possible, watch sunrise and sunset. Follow Dr. Jack Kruse for more info. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

8. Billie and Les Bernstein | March 6, 2019 at 11:10 pm |

My husband and I were so saddened to hear of Alex Trebex’s illness. It felt like hearing bad news about a dear friend. But i am certain Alex will avail himself of the best and newest treatments. Hope all that is done will return good results.

We are with you Alex Trebek May you be successful in all your efforts.

9. James Geoghan | March 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm |

Mr.Trebek’s statement is one of the most beautiful and inspiring things I’ve ever heard or seen. God bless you sir.🙏

10. Alex Trebek’s illness devastates me … Jeopardy will never be the same without him … I pray for him, his family and his recovery. He surely deserves our prayers and a personal miracle … We love you, Mr. Trebek,
    distinguished, honorable and one of a kind !!

11. David M Schleser | March 7, 2019 at 7:29 pm |

He is a national treasure and a role model for intelligence, dignity and literacy.

12. Don Freeburger | March 8, 2019 at 6:50 am |

I was so saddened to hear this. Alex is family to us, and I always looked forward to visiting every night. On weekends I found myself wishing for Monday so I could see Jeopardy. I felt like he would always be there. He is one person I always wanted to meet, and talk with in person.

Despite the odds I am convinced if anyone can do it Alex can. I am praying for you Alex until I see the video where you tell us you have won.

God bless,
    Don Freeburger

13. gary robinson | March 8, 2019 at 8:57 am |

I know he’s a fighter. He beat the crap out of me when I was 12, when I was going out (or trying to) with his sister Roberta in Scarborough, Ontario. He was about 5 years older than I was at the time.

14. Jesse Steele | March 8, 2019 at 12:47 pm |

we all love you Alex, and we have to say we are not that scared, because we know you can kick cancers butt! We are praying for you, thank you for 35 years for greatness -love the Steele family

15. Prayers for you and your family, Mr. Trebek. You have a tremendous amount of support. Your faith will see you through.

16. Jay Williams | March 10, 2019 at 9:48 pm |

Good Luck to you, Alex as you attempt to beat the odds of survival from pancreatic cancer,especially at a stage 4. Zz

17. David Kenner Boley | March 11, 2019 at 8:58 am |

As with countless others, my family has been devoted to “Jeopardy” and it’s incomparable host for many years. Mr. Trebek, you have informed, enlightened, entertained, and uplifted millions of us for a long long time. From the bottom of my heart I thank you and send endless best wishes for you and your loved ones, as well the other millions of us whose lives are enriched by your remarkable spirit. Like you, we carry on!

18. Carla Davis | March 14, 2019 at 11:36 pm |

Best wishes to you as you battle this evil disease, Alex. As a person in remission for almost two years, I know the battle you face. A good attitude is one of the best weapons in this fight. My thoughts and prayers will be with you every day.

19. Mr. Trebek, I remember when you hosted ‘Concentration’. You remain a gentleman and a scholar. My prayers are with you and your family.

20. Daryl and Sally Merrison | March 19, 2019 at 9:50 am |

My husband and I had the honor of having our picture taken with Alex on the 2013 Turner Classic Movie Cruise because we won a Jeopardy trivia contest. We were thrilled to have met him. Our prayers go out to him and his family.