It’s Monday, August 26, 2019, which means it’s Day 1 of the Jeopardy All-Star Games (encore presentation)! (Season 35, Episode 118).
Today is going to be the Jeopardy! Round of Match #1 of the tournament. Tomorrow will see Double Jeopardy! and Final Jeopardy! (So, there is no Final Jeopardy! today!)
|Team Brad, consisting of Brad Rutter (C), Larissa Kelly (L), and David Madden (R)
|Team Colby, consisting of Colby Burnett (C), Pam Mueller (L), and Alan Lin (R)
|Team Buzzy, consisting of Buzzy Cohen (C), Alex Jacob (L), and Jennifer Giles (R)
Wondering why James Holzhauer isn’t taking part? This tournament originally aired in February, prior to James even being known by everyone, and is re-airing over the next two weeks.
Are you going on the show and looking for information about how to bet in Final Jeopardy? Check out my new Betting Strategy 101 page!
(Content continues below)
Since Alex Trebek’s diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, many community members have been raising money. The Jeopardy! Fan Online Store is as well! All proceeds from any “Keep The Faith And We’ll Win” shirt sold will be donated to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. To date, over $370 has been raised.)
Looking to find out who won Jeopardy! today? Tonight’s results are below!
Scores after the Jeopardy! Round:
Team Brad (Brad) $8,400
Team Buzzy (Alex) $6,600
Team Colby (Colby) $3,200
Fantasy point accumulation (Unofficial):
Brad Rutter 13
Alex Jacob 9
Colby Burnett 6
Opening break taken after: 15 clues
Daily Double locations:
1) NOTORIOUS $400 (19th pick)
Brad 3200 +3200 (Alex 6200 Colby 2400)
Overall Daily Double Efficiency for this game: 100 (so far)
Game Stats (so far):
Brad $5,600 Coryat, 13 correct, 1 incorrect, 44.83% in first on buzzer
Alex $6,600 Coryat, 9 correct, 0 incorrect, 27.59% in first on buzzer, 1/1 on rebound attempts
Colby $3,200 Coryat, 6 correct, 0 incorrect, 20.69% in first on buzzer
Combined Coryat Score: $15,400
Lach Trash: $1,600 (on 2 Triple Stumpers)
Coryat lost to incorrect responses (less double-correct responses): $1,000
Brad Rutter, stats to date:
663 correct, 73 incorrect
37/40 on rebound attempts
43.21% in first on buzzer (627/1451)
39/45 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $55,100)
15/25 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $19,963
(These statistics do not include Watson)
Alex Jacob, stats to date:
296 correct, 34 incorrect
13/15 on rebound attempts
44.62% in first on buzzer (286/641)
14/18 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $76,100)
2/11 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $20,067
Colby Burnett, stats to date:
226 correct, 23 incorrect
15/15 on rebound attempts
32.00% in first on buzzer (208/650)
9/15 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $3,200)
6/11 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $16,233
- I really enjoyed the opening segment where Alex sat down with the 6 captains and some mild trash-talking ensued.
- The tournament started with some fireworks for sure, with who I believe to be the two best buzzers (Alex and Brad) competing against each other. Through 10 clues, it was Alex 5 Colby 2 Brad 1 on the buzzer. Over the final 20, it was Brad 12 Colby 4 Alex 3.
- The players cleared out all of $600, $800, and $1000 hunting for a Daily Double. Of course it would be at the $400 level. Ben Ingram would have found it much quicker.
- There are still 92 clues left to play over the next two days. Absolutely anything can happen.
- Tomorrow, Buzzy will play Double Jeopardy for Team Buzzy against Alan (Team Colby) and Larissa (Team Brad), with Jennifer, Pam, and David playing Final Jeopardy.
- Effective in first on buzzer stats: Brad 48.15% (13/27), Alex 29.63% (8/27), Colby 22.22% (6/27)
Contestant photo credit: jeopardy.com
When commenting, please note that all comments on The Jeopardy! Fan must be in compliance with the Site Comment Policy.
If you are going to quote any statistics from this page or this website, attribution is required.